Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The year that was...

A LOT has changed in the past year, in my life as well. 2007 would be etched in my memory as year of unexpected things. I achieved several milestones in my professional life. It was a year of dreams coming true, on account of swiss travel, my proposal defence, placements, my brother's aspirations finally taking shape, owning a house, and most important getting data for my thesis. :D
And several personal relations (friends + family) changed. I have to do a lot of rework in classifying my inner circle now. (he, he...)
I too have changed. I have very distinct memory of me being so recluse and withdrawn from the society, that even my voice would seem strange to me whenever I spoke (whatever little). I had zero self confidence, and needed assurance for everything that I could do. I was a highly emotional kid, which grew up into an equally emotional adult , striving hard to please everyone around who mattered and getting hurt and taken for granted in return.
Now after 20 odd years, I don't care. I don't care about people anymore. I have learnt not to expect anything from anyone, and not to please people. I have become blunt in speech, and driven toward my goals.
The transformation is still taking shape, and at times it becomes difficult to hold back emotions, and all that blah; but I am learning to be unaffected, to be as unemotional as possible. I feel really happy, these days when I am unaffected by things which would have caused me sleepless nights, and a lot of worry a year back. I am content that there are little things that I need to manage now.

1 comment:

KP said...

"striving hard to please everyone around who mattered and getting hurt and taken for granted in return."

One cannot please everyone. sometime u have to take tough decisions in life....:). At times you have to be open and let people know how u feel.

"I have learnt not to expect anything from anyone, and not to please people"

This is the best thing one can do!

Well Good luck with all the changes in life!