Thursday, May 29, 2008

About to leave this place.........



I have been associated with this campus for 5 years. That’s a long time for me to have stuck to a place after school. But as they say, PhD takes LOT of patience and perseverance. So here am I, ready to move out after 5 years of struggle, happiness, having made lifelong friends, and sworn enemies. I have become a little more mature than I was when I came in; there is a lot more change in my attitude, and the way I have learnt to deal with people.
I am not sad to leave this place or my friends either. I know that I will keep in touch with them, meet them. The intimacy might fade after some time, but this is what life is all about. I shall miss all of them, when I am there in Delhi, but one has to move on. And I prefer it this way.
I will miss the campus though, my room here; the lovely weather of Bangalore, and the regular walks around the campus, which would cool me down, every time I would be agitated, depressed, frustrated and angry at the world. I will miss my favorite place to sit, the bench opposite the football field. I will miss having breakfast outside the mess, under the tress. I will miss living in EB.
And I will definitely miss free internet and DC++ .
Life will change completely for me in a week from now. New place, office, and new colleagues in a city that is relatively new for me. I am excited about it, and I hope I do my best, to be the best.

2 comments:

KP said...

good luck with all changes....:)

A Girl from Timbuktu said...

Thanku KP :)