Tuesday, August 24, 2010

End of Hiatus - for now

Have been meaning to write for quite some time now.
Updates are too many and now that i have started to document it, at least the list portrays that I have been really busy. The highlights of the months gone by have been:

December 2009: Quit Job, Visited Relatives, and WE (me and him) were SOBER on new year’s (I know!)...probably that is why this year is turning out to be the driest of all... 

January 2010: Defended my thesis successfully, Got a promise of a job offer (if there is anything like that), thieves broke into my house but the loss was minimal.

February 2010: Brother’s marriage, followed by my surgery

March 2010: Recovery from surgery; trip to home and back; And the highlight was the convocation at Bangalore. I am officially a doctor now.

April 2010: Lost 2 kgs after working out for more than 2 hours a day for 30 days, after which I gave up on all weight loss efforts.

May 2010: A 10 day trip to NYC which got converted into a month long holiday

June 2010: Spent at parent’s place. The best phase so far.

July 2010: Family wedding and trip to Jaipur and back;
Sold off my first bought car;
Packed and Moved from Delhi to Karnal;
Unpacked in Karnal, arranged and rearraged the house at Karnal,
Moved to NJ.

August 2010: For the first half made hotel my home, moved to a friend’s place and now arranging that house; learning how to drive without clutch pedals, and the dilemma of left and right precedence (not to mention that I keep forgetting that wiper is where the indicator lights should have been and vice versa).

September is when we are getting our apartment. So for the next two months, I intend to arrange the house , buy furniture, rearrange again, and so on and so forth.

Since I quit my job, people have been asking me what do I do and how do I manage to spend time, given that my husband travels a lot. Honestly killing time was never a problem for me .
And I never ever get bored. I do find something or the other to do, to read, and if nothing else is there I cook. Its as simple as that.

For now I intend to write more, and read more. So the blog would be updated regularly if not daily. I have also been meaning to start a hindi blog, for the love of language. So would be doing that as well.

3 comments:

notmanish said...

Nice! Looking forward to regular articles.

A Girl from Timbuktu said...

@notmanish: thanks :)

Puja Upadhyay said...

Cool!
Even I have never had the problem of getting bored ever. I fluctuate between jobs and joblessness yet I always find something to do or the other. So people cribbing about getting bored is something quite never understood.
Congrats Doctor!